Coriander Seed Oil:
Coriander is an annual herb scientifically known as Coriandrum sativum belongs to Apiaceae (Umbelliferae) family. It is native to southern Europe and Northern Africa to Southwestern Asia. It grows up to 50 cm, its fruit is globular and leaves are variable in shape. Coriander is great source of dietary fiber, manganese, iron and magnesium.
Extraction: Coriander oil is extracted from fruits of plant Coriandrum sativum through steam distillation method.
Coriander oil is clear to pale yellow in colour and its consistency is medium. Coriander oil is woody, spicy and little sweet in aroma.
Coriander oil is composed of mainly linalool and other constituents are decyladehyde, borneol, geraniol, carvone and anethole.
It well blends with other essential oil such as bergamot, cinnamon, grapefruit, ginger, neroli, lemon, sandalwood, clary sage, cypress lime, orange and other citrus oils.
11 Ways to Use of Coriander Seed Oil:
Safety and Precaution:
- It has aphrodisiac property as it is used to increase sexual drive as it contains phyto estrogen.
- It is used to treat toothache, muscle pain and menstrual pain.
- It can stimulate insulin secretions and lower blood sugar levels so it is good for diabetes patients.
- Coriander oil is used as ingredient in perfumery and soaps.
- It is used to enhance flavors of confectionery, seasoning and sodas and as a flavoring agents for tobaccos, gin and liquors. It acts as deodorant as it eliminates bad breath as well as body odor.
- It soothes joint, muscle discomfort and provide relieve in muscle spasm and cramps.
- It tones and rejuvenates skin. It is used for the treatment of skin inflammation, skin disorders and to maintain clear complexion.
- It help in reducing blood pressure and chances of a number of cardiovascular conditions like heart attacks and strokes.
- Coriander oil encourages digestion, liver functions and eases stomach upset.
- It is used in treatment of high cholesterol as it help to lower bad cholesterol and promotes level of good cholesterol.
- It promotes eye health as it has antioxidant property which prevents vision disorders, macular degeneration and also reduce strain and stress on eyes.
- It possibly skin sensitivity and avoid contact with eyes, inner ears.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use while pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care.